Tuesday, April 11, 2006

ANOTHER 50TH ANNIVERSARY


Today is the 50th Anniversary of Louis Prima and Keely Smith signing with Capitol Records.
I had the unexpected joy of meeting Keely late one night in at The Tower. I was heading down the hall towards the parking lot on my home and she was coming out of the hallway from the studios. I recognized her at once and was just blown away. I mean, who could imagine bumping into Keely Smith at the Tower in 1999? Overcoming my tounge-tied shyness when meeting legends, I introduced myself, told her what a pleasure it was to meet her, and asked what brought her back to Capitol. She said she was working on a new album which turned out to be "Swing, Swing, Swing" released by Concord in 2000. She was very gracious and seemed tickled that someone, besides those working in the studios, recognized her and appreciated the signifigance of her return.

AND IN MORE RECENT NEWS
Today is also the 36th anniversary of The Beatles' "Let It Be" single hitting #1 on the Billboard Charts in 1970.

No comments: